Lactose Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 16 baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichokes, drained and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted
- ⅔ cup panko breadcrumbs (gluten-free, if preferred)
- ¾ cup Vevan Mozza Shred
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently wash mushrooms. Remove stems, then finely chop them and set aside. Remove gills and pat remaining caps dry.
- Place mushroom caps in prepared pan, stem side up.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped shallots and minced garlic and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer caps to the baking sheet, stem side up.
- In the same pan, add chopped mushroom stems and cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped artichokes, spices and herbs and mix well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter and breadcrumbs. Add breadcrumbs and Vevan Shred to the mushroom stem mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and filling is golden brown.
- Top with lemon zest and fresh chopped parsley before serving. Serve warm.