Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free | Lactose-Free
Prep time: 25 minutes (plus 10–15 minutes cooling time)
Cook time: 55–60 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 4 russet potatoes
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms
- 1 ½ Tbsp. avocado or other high heat oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. butter alternative
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened milk alternative
- 1 ½ cups Vevan Ched-Shred, divided
- 4 slices vegan bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced thin, divided
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire cooling rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Pierce each potato 4–6 times with a knife or fork. Place potatoes on the wire rack and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut mushrooms in quarters. Toss with ½ Tbsp. of oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and use a pastry brush to brush the outside of each potato with remaining oil then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms to the baking sheet and bake potatoes and mushrooms for 20 minutes. To test doneness, squeeze potatoes; they should be soft.
- Turn the oven down to 350°F. Allow potatoes to cool for 10–15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the insides, leaving a ⅛- to ¼-inch shell. In a large bowl, use a potato masher or hand mixer to combine potato insides, butter, ranch dressing and milk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of the Vevan Ched-Shred, 3 slices of crumbled bacon, and ¾ of the green onion. Season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Generously fill each shell with potato mixture and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 10–15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top each potato with mushrooms, remaining bacon and green onions.