Lactose Free | Vegan | Gluten Free
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40–43 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2–4 Tbsp. high heat oil (such as avocado or safflower)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts (optional)
- 2–4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. rainbow chard or kale, stems removed and rough chopped
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. oregano, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tsp. basil, plus extra for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. canned or jarred sundried tomatoes
- 1 to 1½ cups Vevan Mozza-Shred
- Pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out seeds. Rub with 1–2 Tbsp. oil and season with salt and pepper. Place squash cut-side down on baking sheet.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 Tbsp. oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes to baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes or until squash is easily pierced with a fork and tomatoes have burst and are caramelized.
- If using pine nuts, dry roast in a cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown (watch carefully to avoid burning). Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add greens with water and cook until wilted. Add cannellini beans, herbs and sundried tomatoes. Toss until well combined. Set aside.
- Remove squash and tomatoes from oven. Allow squash to cool slightly, then use a fork to fluff for a spaghetti-like texture. Add tomatoes to the skillet with greens and beans; stir.
- Divide the mixture evenly between spaghetti squash halves and mix gently to combine. Sprinkle with Vevan Mozza-Shred. Return to the oven and bake 8–10 minutes, then broil an additional 2–3 minutes, until cheese is hot and slightly browned.
- Top with pine nuts, crushed red pepper and fresh Italian herbs. Serve immediately.