Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free | Lactose-Free
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and patted dry
- 1 20 oz can Pineapple rings, drain reserving ¼ c liquid
- 1 cup Vevan P’Jack Shreds
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 c red onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen shelled Edamame (soybeans), thawed, rinsed and drained
- ½ c cilantro, loosely chopped
- 1 15 oz jar Teriyaki Marinade/sauce (divided; reserve ½ c for sauce)
- 4 tsp Sesame seeds (white or black or both)
- 4 tbsp Sushi Ginger
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Slice tofu into ¾” wide slices, place in a shallow bowl or Ziploc bag combine teriyaki marinade with tofu.
Let marinade for at least 30 minutes or overnight if desired, turning occasionally.
- Preheat BBQ/grill to medium high heat, oil grill grates, add marinated tofu and pineapple rings to grill and cook tofu for 3-4 minutes each side, and pineapple 2-3 minutes per side, basting with remaining marinade from bag. Remove from heat, place on a cutting board and cut tofu into ¾” squares and pineapple rings into bite-sized wedges.
- Mix ¼ c pineapple juice with ½ c marinade, set aside.
- Into 4 bowls, divide ingredients evenly, start with rice then add purple cabbage, soybeans, Vevan P’Jack shreds, red bell pepper, tofu, pineapple, red onions and cilantro. Drizzle with the pineapple/teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle with Sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges and Sushi Ginger.