Breakfast burritos are always a hit, and this plant-based take on the classic is a sure-fire winner. Start with eggs (or an egg substitute) and Vevan dairy-free cheese, then fold all your favorite toppings into a warm tortilla. Yum! We prefer firm tofu as our egg substitute in our vegan breakfast burrito because the texture cooks up similar to eggs and can be flavored however you want. The choice is yours!
What to Serve With Breakfast Burritos
Our yummy vegan breakfast burritos are like an entire meal wrapped up in one, but you might want to balance the savory flavor and warm temperature of the burrito out with a couple sides. You can’t go wrong with a fresh fruit salad, some cilantro lime rice, or even chips and guac!
Can You Freeze Breakfast Burritos?
Of course! Breakfast burritos are ideal for meal prep ahead of busy weekday mornings and back to school. No time? No problem. A few tips for freezing vegan breakfast burritos:
- Let the filling cool down to room temperature before freezing so it doesn’t get moisture on the tortillas and make them soggy.
- Add the salsa and avocado later once you are ready to serve!
- Roll them tightly, wrap in plastic wrap, then separate with foil.
How Do You Reheat Leftover Burritos?
Once you’re ready to eat them, just thaw, cover in a paper towel, and microwave anywhere from two to three minutes – depending on the size of your vegan breakfast burrito. If you have a bit more time and want them crispier, pop them into a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option | Lactose-Free
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen diced or shredded hash brown potatoes (gluten-free, if preferred)
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) firm tofu, drained
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large flour tortillas (gluten-free, if preferred)
- 8 oz. Vevan Ched-Shred
- 1–2 avocados, sliced
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Salsa or hot sauce (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Cook hash browns according to package directions and set aside.
- In medium bowl, mash tofu with fork to resemble scrambled egg.
- Stir in turmeric powder.
- Add vegetable oil to large skillet and bring to medium-high heat. Add tofu and sauté about 5 minutes until most of liquid is evaporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fill each tortilla with hash browns, tofu scramble, Vevan Ched-Shred, avocado slices, cilantro and salsa. Fold in sides and top of tortilla and roll to make burrito.
- Place burritos in skillet over medium-high heat and toast until golden and heated through.
- Serve with salsa and lime wedges.