Lactose Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 33–35 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 package (8 oz.) Farfalle (bow tie) pasta (gluten free, if desired)
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced, plus extra for topping
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch or arrowroot powder, mixed with 1 Tbsp. water
- ¼ cup Cashew Cream (recipe below)
- 1 cup Vevan Ched-Shred, plus extra for topping
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- Green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray 8-by-10-inch casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, prepare pasta al dente as directed on package, boiling approximately 8–9 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, combine cauliflower pieces, chickpeas, celery, red bell peppers and spices in a bowl and toss gently. Drain pasta and place in a prepared casserole dish. Top with cauliflower mixture.
- In the same saucepan over medium-high heat, bring non-dairy milk to a simmer. Add cornstarch (or arrowroot) water and stir until thickened. Add Vevan Ched-Shred and Cashew Cream, stirring until smooth, approximately 3 minutes. Add hot sauce and stir until combined.
- Pour sauce mixture over pasta, covering completely. Bake 20 minutes, then switch to broil for 2–3 minutes.
- Before serving, top with green onions and diced red bell peppers.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water 4–6 hours
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp. salt
Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth.