Dairy Free | Lactose Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 31–35 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 large red onion, diced (approx. 2–2 ½ cups)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ½ cups red enchilada sauce (gluten free, if desired)
- ¾ cup Vevan P’Jack-Shred, divided
- ¾ cup Vevan Mozza-Shred, divided
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 cups peeled and chopped butternut squash (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 medium or large tortillas (gluten free, if desired)
- Optional garnish: Cilantro Lime Cashew Cream (recipe below), avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, green onion
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add onion and garlic. Cook for 3–5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- While onions are cooking pour enchilada sauce into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once heated stir in ¼ cup each of Vevan P’Jack and Mozza-Shred. In skillet with onions, add chopped peppers, butternut squash, spinach and black beans. Cook for 3–5 minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir in ⅓ cup of enchilada sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and salt. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Pour ¾ cup enchilada sauce in the baking dish spread evenly over the bottom.
- Scoop ½–¾ cups of the veggie mixture onto a tortilla. Roll it up and place the seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Spread any remaining filling on top of the tortillas. Spread remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas until completely covered.
- Top with remaining Vevan P’Jack and Mozza-Shred and cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Before serving, top with optional garnishes.
Cilantro Lime Cashew Cream
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked for 1 hour
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ cup water, or as needed
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
Drain and rinse cashews. Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until a smooth sauce forms. Add water as needed to achieve desired consistency.