Dairy-Free | Vegan | Lactose-Free | Gluten-Free
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup cooked, mashed butternut squash
- 1 cup cooked lentils (you can also use canned lentils, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup Vevan Ched-Shred
- 2/3 cup oat flour (tip: you can blend rolled oats in a blender to make oat flour)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 3/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil for coating
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Using a medium ice-cream scoop or spoon, form the mixture into 12 even-sized balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush or spray vegetable oil on each veggie ball.
- Cook on the middle rack in your oven for about 35 minutes, or until golden.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Serving suggestions: place veggie balls on a bed of arugula and top with a roasted red bell pepper puree or your favorite marinara sauce