Lactose-Free | Vegan | Gluten-free
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 2 medium beets, peeled, quartered and sliced into 1/8” slices
- 1 cup polenta-corn grits
- 4 cups water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup Vevan Mozza-Shred
- 1 orange, peeled, sliced into ¼” slices and segmented
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade cut (thinly sliced)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place sliced beets on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and salt to boil. Reduce heat to medium and add the polenta slowly, whisking constantly.
- Cover and cook gently over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently until the polenta is thick and creamy.
- Remove from heat and add the Vevan Mozza-Shred and stir to thoroughly incorporate.
- Divide polenta into 4 bowls. Top with beets, orange pieces, and basil. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.