Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free | Lactose-Free
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 tube of polenta, sliced into 12 half-inch rounds
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 12 half-inch rounds
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced into 12 half-inch rounds (approx. 4 slices per tomato)
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Coarse ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup prepared vegan pesto
- 1 ½ cup arugula
Vevan Mozza Cream Sauce
- 2 cups Vevan Mozza-Shred
- ⅓ cup milk alternative or water
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange polenta, eggplant and tomato slices in a single layer on the baking sheets. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- While layers are roasting, prepare Vevan Mozza Cream Sauce. In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine Vevan Mozza-Shred and milk alternative, stirring until melted. (Check out our blog for a microwave method and more tips to achieve the perfect creamy sauce.)
- Assemble the stacks by layering 1 polenta round, 2 teaspoons pesto, 2 teaspoons Vevan Mozza Cream Sauce, 1 eggplant round, 1 tomato round. Repeat layers once to create six finished stacks.
- Drizzle remaining cheese sauce over each stack. Top each stack with arugula. Serve immediately.