Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option | Lactose-Free
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 lb. ground meat alternative
- 2 Tbsp. prepared taco seasoning
- 2 cups Vevan Ched-Shred
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 5 large (10- or 12-inch) flour tortillas (gluten-free, if preferred)
- 4 tostada shells (5-inch)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, sliced into ¼-inch shreds
- ½ cup pico de gallo or salsa
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add meat alternative and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up any large chunks with a wooden spoon, until starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, combine Vevan Ched-Shred and water. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir. Return to microwave and heat for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir and set aside.
- Place four tortillas on a work surface. Spoon ¼ cup of Vevan Ched sauce in the center of each tortilla and spread to create a 5-inch circle. Top cheese with meat alternative (about ½ cup per tortilla). Place a tostada on top of each tortilla. Sprinkle ½ cup of lettuce on top of each tostada. Sprinkle pico de gallo or salsa on top of lettuce.
- Tear the remaining tortilla into quarters and place a piece in the center of each tostada. Fold edges of one tortilla over the filling to the center. Holding each fold down, and working clockwise, continue until the filling is completely covered (about 5 to 6 folds). Flip the tortilla over put folded side down and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, spray a light coating of cooking spray. Carefully place each crunch wrap, folded-side down, in the heated pan. Cook until browned, 3–4 minutes on each side. Repeat as needed until all the tortillas are cooked.