Lactose-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 apples, cored and diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: coconut cream, fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup Vevan Ched-Shred
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- In a large pot, over a medium-high heat, heat oil and add onions. Sauté onions until softened for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and cumin, and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the butternut squash and apples. Stir to combine.
- Add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Cover pot with a lid and simmer over medium heat for about 25 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Use an immersion blender to purée soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, combine Vevan Ched-Shred, almonds and cumin seeds.
- Line a microwave-safe platter with a piece of parchment paper. Place 1 tablespoon of Vevan Ched-Shred mixture onto the parchment paper – leaving a 3 inch gap between each mound. Spread out each mound to flatten slightly to form a disk.
- Microwave on high for about 45-60 seconds until cheese is melted and turns crispy (not oily looking).
- Gently remove from microwave and set aside on a baking sheet to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese.
Spoon soup into each bowl. Garnish with coconut cream and fresh chopped parsley if desired. Serve crisps on top of soup or on the side. Enjoy!