Dairy-Free | Vegan | Lactose-Free
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Resting Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 lb. pizza dough, ready-made (remove from bag and allow to rest covered in a warm place for 20-30 minutes)
- 3/4 cup Vevan Mozza-Shred
- ¼ cup olive or vegetable oil, divided
- Get creative with an assortment of sliced veggies, fresh herbs, olives, nuts, and seeds such as: large or mini bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, green onions, red onions, parsley, basil, sage, rosemary, thyme, olives, capers, pepitas, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- Optional dipping sauce: Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, seasoned with flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Grease the bottom and sides well with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Divide pizza dough in half. Stretch one piece by hand to fit in the base of the pan. Top with Vevan Mozza-Shred. Shape second piece of dough to fit on top of cheese, making sure all the cheese is covered and the dough reaches the sides of the pan. (Tip: If dough shrinks back, leave it to rest for about 10 minutes to relax and then stretch it to the sides).
- Cover dough lightly with a damp cloth, and place in a warm spot for 45 minutes to an hour until risen slightly.
- While dough is rising, prep your “artful” ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Uncover your risen dough. Pour over remaining oil and press deep dimples all over the top – this helps the dough to rise more evenly on top.
- Decorate the top as you like, pressing the toppings into the dough slightly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with optional dipping sauce.
- Enjoy your edible art!