Dairy-Free | Vegan | Lactose-Free | Gluten-Free Option
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 lb. pasta – we used rigatoni (use gluten-free pasta for gluten-free option)
- 4 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups ready-made vegan marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 package (8 oz.) Vevan Mozza-Shred, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut cream or coconut milk
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and coat pasta well with 2 tablespoons of oil to avoid sticking. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large pot over med-high heat add the marinara sauce, vodka, coconut cream or milk and Vevan Mozza-Shred, stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil – stirring occasionally – until sauce is smooth and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil and heat for about 1 minute. Carefully add the pasta, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook – tossing occasionally – until pasta is golden and crunchy on the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Toss sauce over pasta to heat through.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil and remaining Vevan Mozza-Shred.