Dairy-Free | Vegan | Lactose-Free
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 (8 oz.) package Vevan Mozza-Shred
- ¼ cup (½ stick) cold unsalted alternative butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. ready-made pizza dough, cold divided into 12 pieces
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Coarsely shred alternative butter on the large holes of a box grater. Toss Vevan Mozza-Shred, alternative butter, shallot, garlic, parsley, sage, thyme, and red pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer one-third of cheese mixture to a small bowl; set aside.
- Lightly coat an oven safe medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make an indent in each dough piece and fill with about a tablespoon of cheese filling. Seal dough around the filling and shape into a ball, then coat each dough ball generously with cheese mixture.
- Arrange dough, sealed side down in prepared skillet in an even layer; pour any leftover cheese mixture in bowl over the top. Cover skillet with a dish towel and set in a warm place until dough begins to puff slightly, 30–40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F. Remove dish towel and bake bread until top is lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Top bread with reserved cheese mixture. Continue to bake until edges of bread are firm and browned and cheese is golden, about 15 minutes more, or until internal temperature is 190°F. Serve warm.