Dairy-Free | Vegan | Lactose-Free | Gluten-Free Option
Makes 24 Mini Bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 non-stick mini muffin pan
- 1 cup elbow macaroni pasta or other small pasta – Use gluten-free for gluten-free option
- 1½ cups Vevan Ched-Shred
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs – Use gluten-free for gluten-free option
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- Optional: top with chili flakes; serve with marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add Vevan Ched-Shred and 2 tablespoons water, microwave on high for about 45 seconds until melted. Stir thoroughly.
- Add melted cheese, scallions and nutmeg to cooked pasta. Stir well to combine. Add salt & pepper to taste, if desired.
- Divide pasta mixture into the mini muffin pan- about 1½ tablespoons per mini bite – pressing down to help it stick together.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, chopped herbs and vegetable oil. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the top of each mini bite. Top with optional chili flakes if desired.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!