Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option | Lactose-Free
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 mini portobello mushrooms, rinsed and stem removed
- 3 slices Vevan Mozza-Melts, halved
- 6 slider buns (gluten-free, if preferred)
- 6 Tbsp. vegan basil pesto
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced into 6 slices
- In a large skillet, heat 1 ½ Tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Lightly season mushrooms with salt and pepper. Using the same skillet, add remaining olive oil and heat over medium high. Add mushrooms and cook 6–8 minutes on each side, until tender and golden.
- Place a half slice of Vevan Mozza-Melts on top of each mushroom.
- Layer the bottom half of each slider bun with 1 Tbsp. of pesto, ⅓ cup arugula, a tomato slice, Mozza-topped mushroom and caramelized onion. Add top bun and serve warm.