Lactose-Free | Vegan
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Cook time: 45-55 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 12 oz. ready-made vegan puff pastry, thawed
- 8 oz. cremini or button mushrooms, halved
- 8 oz. baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 celery sticks, sliced in ½ inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced in ¼ inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter alternative
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups alternative milk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup Vevan Mozza-Shred
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place vegetables on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter alternative. Stir in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly pour in the milk alternative, whisking constantly until smooth. Bring to a boil, then lower to a medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking or burning. Remove from heat.
- Add the roasted vegetables, chopped herbs and Vevan Mozza-Shred to the sauce. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide filling into 6 ovenproof ramekins or bowls about 8.5 oz. capacity.
- Roll out puff pastry sheets to 1/8” thick. Cut out 6 circles or squares of the pastry, large enough to cover the top of each ramekin or bowl. Place a pull pastry piece onto each filled ramekin. Cut a ½” slit on top of pastry for steam to escape.
- Place bowls on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.