Dairy-Free | Vegan | Lactose-Free | Gluten-Free
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 red baby potatoes, diced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Vevan P’Jack-Shred, divided
- 12 oz. egg substitute – we used JUST Egg Plant-Pased Egg Scramble
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: cherry tomatoes, chopped red onion, chopped scallions, sliced avocado
Roasting the vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Toss vegetables in oil and spread onto baking sheet. Lightly salt and pepper the vegetables.
- Roast vegetables for about 20 minutes until golden. Remove the vegetables from the oven and set aside.
Assemble the frittata:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a lightly greased medium sized skillet, distributing the vegetables evenly.
- Pour the contents of the JUST Egg container into a large bowl. Whisk vigorously for 30 to 45 seconds, then stir in ½ cup Vevan P’Jack-Shred.
- Slowly pour the JUST Egg mixture into the skillet so as to not displace the vegetables.
- Top with remaining Vevan P’Jack-Shred and fresh basil.
- Place the skillet in the oven on the middle rack and cook for about 25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Top with your optional toppings and slice into six pieces.
- Serve warm.