Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free | Lactose-Free
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 6 large or 12 small white sweet potatoes, washed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (12 oz.) Soyrizo
- 1 package (8 oz.) Vevan Mozza-Shred
- 1/2 cup alternative milk
- 3 cups baby arugula
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet or oven-safe dish and coat with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Sprinkle with ground cumin and salt.
Pour orange juice onto the sheet and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden and tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking: Place a large skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to coat skillet. Add onions and sautée for about 5 minutes until golden. Add broken up Soyrizo to onions and cook for another 5 minutes until heated though, stirring occasionally. Set aside and keep warm.
- Creamy Mozza Sauce: In a medium size microwave-safe bowl, combine Vevan Mozza-Shred and alternative milk. Microwave on high heat for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir well. Continue to microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until sauce is smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, toss arugula with 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble your dish: Spoon Mozza sauce onto each plate, top with sweet potato, Soyrizo and arugula.
- Enjoy warm!