Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option | Lactose-Free
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 large head garlic
- 1 box (1 lb. or about 12) lasagna noodles (gluten-free, if preferred)
- 5 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup scallions, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped oregano, divided (or 1 ½ Tbsp. dried oregano)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. coarse black pepper, plus extra to taste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
Vevan Mozza Cream Sauce
- 4 cups Vevan Mozza-Shred
- 1 cup milk alternative or water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice off the top of the head of garlic. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Wrap in foil and place in a shallow oven safe dish. Roast until golden and soft, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Allow garlic to cool, then squeeze cloves into a small bowl. Set aside.
- While garlic is roasting, prepare lasagna noodles al denté according to package directions. Drain, coat with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and scallions and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened. Set aside.
- To make Vevan Mozza Cream Sauce, in a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine Vevan Mozza-Shred and milk alternative, stirring until melted. The sauce will be thin but will thicken as it cools. (Check out our blog for a microwave method and more tips to achieve the perfect creamy sauce.)
- Add garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped oregano (or 1 tablespoon dried oregano), salt and pepper to cream sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Assemble lasagna in a greased 9-by-13-inch oven safe dish. Place three lasagna noodles in a single layer, top with 1 cup of spinach, one-third of the mushroom/scallion mix and ½ cup cheese sauce. Repeat for two more layers.
- Place the remaining noodles on top and spread remaining cheese sauce evenly to cover noodles. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and fresh ground black pepper, if desired.
- Cover lightly will foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.