Dairy Free | Lactose Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 large head garlic
- 1 box (1 lb. or about 12 lasagna noodles)
- 5 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup scallions, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped oregano, divided (or 1 ½ Tbsp. dried oregano)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. coarse black pepper, plus extra to taste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
Vevan Mozza Cream Sauce
- 4 cups Vevan Mozza Shred
- 1 cup milk alternative or water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice off the top of the head of garlic. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Wrap in foil and place in a shallow oven safe dish. Roast until golden and soft, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Allow garlic to cool, then squeeze cloves into a small bowl. Set aside.
- While garlic is roasting, prepare lasagna noodles al denté according to package directions. Drain, coat with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and scallions and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened. Set aside.
- To make Vevan Mozza Cream Sauce, in a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine Vevan Mozza Shred and milk alternative, stirring until melted. The sauce will be thin but will thicken as it cools. (Check out our blog for a microwave method and more tips to achieve the perfect creamy sauce.)
- Add garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped oregano (or 1 tablespoon dried oregano), salt and pepper to cream sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Assemble lasagna in a greased 9-by-13-inch oven safe dish. Place three lasagna noodles in a single layer, top with 1 cup of spinach, one-third of the mushroom/scallion mix and ½ cup cheese sauce. Repeat for two more layers.
- Place the remaining noodles on top and spread remaining cheese sauce evenly to cover noodles. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and fresh ground black pepper, if desired.
- Cover lightly will foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.