Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option | Lactose-Free
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- ¾ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (8-inch; gluten-free, if preferred)
- 2–3 sprigs cilantro, stems removed
- 4 oz. Vevan P’Jack-Shred
- ½ cup salsa, plus extra for dipping (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Scrub sweet potatoes and pierce several times with fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave uncovered on high 6–8 minutes or until tender. Turn once to ensure even cooking. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop pulp into bowl, add garlic powder and season with salt. Mash with fork then stir in black beans.
- Spread filling onto half of each tortilla. Top with cilantro, Vevan P’Jack-Shred and 2 Tbsp. salsa. Fold other half of tortilla over filling.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook quesadillas until golden brown, 2–3 minutes on each side. Slice into wedges. Serve with guacamole and salsa for dipping, if desired.