Lactose-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free option
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1½ cups all-purpose or 1:1 gluten-free flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups unsweetened alternative milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups Vevan P’Jack-Shred
- 8 chick’n tenders, cooked according to package directions (we used Gardein® Seven Grain Crispy Tenders)
- pico de gallo with roasted corn, black beans and jalapeno
- your favorite red or green salsa
- avocado slices
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add alternative milk and oil to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Stir in Vevan P’Jack-Shred
- Cook the waffles according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- To serve, top each waffle with the chick’n tenders and your topping of choice. Enjoy!