Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option | Lactose-Free
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, divided
- ⅔ cup red pepper, diced
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup Vevan Mozza-Shred
- 4 slices sourdough bread (gluten-free, if preferred)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, cook onion and 2 minced garlic cloves for 3–4 minutes. Add red pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add the cannellini beans, thyme, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Once the beans are hot, add Vevan Mozza-Shred and stir until melted.
- Brush sourdough with olive oil and either toast or grill on one side only. Place toast on a platter and rub with remaining garlic clove.
- To serve, arrange the toasted sourdough on a platter. Top with equal amounts of beans and onion/pepper mixture.