Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option | Lactose-Free
3 servings (2 tacos each)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- 2–3 tsp. taco seasoning (gluten-free, if preferred)
- 1 ½ cups Vevan P’Jack-Shred
- ⅓ cup water
- 6 corn tortillas
- ¼ head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 container (8 oz.) prepared pico de gallo
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In a medium saucepan, add olive oil and warm over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas and taco seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are hot, about 4–5 minutes.
- To prepare sauce, heat Vevan P’Jack-Shred and water in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Remove and stir, then heat another 30 seconds if needed to melt completely.
- In another skillet over medium-high heat, warm tortillas.
- Build tacos by dividing ingredients evenly. Start by spreading the cream sauce on tortillas, then add chickpeas, cabbage, pico de gallo, green onions, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.