Ugly Christmas sweater – check! White elephant gift – check! Holiday playlist – check! When you’re hosting a holiday gathering, you’re probably using a checklist, and even checking it twice to ensure everything’s in order for a holly, jolly, good time. But let’s be honest – beyond the obvious joy of gathering, the main attraction of most seasonal get-togethers is the food! Be the star of your vegan holiday party with these insanely delicious, outrageously awesome menus.
Vegan Holiday Appetizers
Unless your inner Martha Stewart is really coming to life this season, stick with finger foods that allow guests to get their jingle and mingle on. For a vegan holiday party, we suggest:
- Holiday Charcuterie Board – follow our easy step-by-step guide for building an attractive party focal point for your table spread. Get fancy when you incorporate a Mozzarella, Onion & Raspberry Cheese Ball, holiday cookie cutter cut-outs of your favorite Vevan Melts, and lots of red and green fruits and veggies for a pop of festive.
- Herbed Mozza Monkey Bread – a savory take on a traditional Christmas morning favorite, this pull apart bread won’t last long. Consider double or triple batching, based on your guest list, and serve warm!
- Chik’n Skewers with Buffalo Mozza Dipping Sauce – a crowd pleaser, especially when it comes to family parties, these skewers cook up in minutes (thank Santa for that new air fryer!). Check out our Amazing Dairy-Free Cheese Sauce recipe for a secondary dipping option.
- Cheezy Butternut Squash & Lentil Veggie Balls – just add toothpicks and these veggie balls will move! Serve with pesto and marinara dipping sauces because #christmasmood.
Vegan Holiday Desserts
If guests are invited to bring something to share, expect several plates of homemade cookies and boxed varietal chocolates. With Vevan UnCreamCheese, you can whip up your own rich, creamy, memorable treats, perfect for a vegan holiday party:
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites With Vevan Maple Vanilla UnCreamCheese Topping – use up that last can of pumpkin you have sitting around for these delectable bite-sized treats. Incorporate green and/or red colored sugar for sprinkles of cheer!
- Mini Cookie Sandwiches – using this recipe as a guide, we also suggest a chocolate or sugar cookie, sandwiched around whipped Plain UnCreamCheese infused with a little peppermint extract or mixed with crushed candy canes.
These simple, elegant desserts are the perfect way to indulge without overdoing it on the sweets. Check out other ideas for vegan desserts here.
Holiday Party Signature Drink
When it comes to pairing vegan dishes and beverages, we wrote the blog on it! For your vegan holiday party, a signature drink can level up the experience and make for a more memorable event:
- Pa Rum Pum Pum Punch – this naturally vegan recipe is drummer boy-friendly but can be easily punched up with 6 oz. of rum per batch for adults. Remember to leave time for refrigeration so the fruity flavors can blend together.
- Partridge in a Pear Treat – with just four ingredients – pear vodka, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, and champagne – and garnished with a rosemary sprig, you may find yourself remaking this refreshing cocktail beyond the 12 days of Christmas.
- Here We Come A-wassailing – this ancient English Yuletide beverage is an easy make-ahead drink, using your crockpot or stovetop. Omit the alcohol if desired, but don’t pass on singing a few carols together.
The Key to Hosting a Successful Vegan Holiday Party
Okay, so maybe food isn’t EVERYTHING at a party, but what is? Authenticity. Just as Vevan products were crafted in authentic flavors and with authentically creamy texture, you should host a party that’s true to you and your style.
Not a chef? Most Vevan recipes are designed with amateur cooks and bakers in mind, providing clear, easy paths to successful kitchen experiences. Stick with the suggestions above, or consider a holiday potluck where guests help provide the food!
Looking to impress? (We see you inner Martha) Check out these options for a more formal, sit-down vegan holiday party. Invite guests to wear more formal, cocktail attire and be sure to take photos while looking and feeling fancy.
Like to move? Consider hiring live musicians to entertain your guests or get your dance party on with awesome holiday remixes.
Need to unwind? Throw on popular holiday movies and invite guests to wear holiday PJs and bring blankets for a lowkey gathering.
No matter how you celebrate at your vegan holiday party, may you shine brightly as a rockstar host and create a warm, inviting atmosphere for your guests (with a menu to make all wishes and cheese-lovin’ dreams come true).
From all of us as Vevan – we wish you a Merry Christmas, Winter Solstice, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and Festivus!