Lactose-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free Option
Makes 10 Croquettes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups vegan mashed potatoes, chilled
- 10 cubes Vevan Marinated Mozza-Bites
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free all purpose flour for gluten-free option)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Just Egg Plant-Based Scramble
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (gluten-free bread crumbs for gluten-free option)
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Place the Just Egg in a second bowl.
- In a third bowl, place the breadcrumbs, smoked paprika and oil. Mix to combine.
- Scoop a heaped tablespoon of mashed potato and flatten it in your hand.
- Place a cube of Vevan Marinated Mozza in the middle and wrap the mashed potato around it. Shape into a cylindrical shape.
- Dip the croquette into the flour, then into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs, ensuring the croquette is completely covered. Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the mashed potato. Space them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the croquettes are golden. Don’t overcook or the cheese will start to seep out and the croquettes will flatten out a little.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before serving.