Lactose-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free-Option
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 ready-made 9″ vegan deep dish pastry pie shell, thawed (gluten-free crust for gluten-free option)
- 3 crisp apples, cored and cut into thin slices
- 1 Tbsp. milk alternative
- 1/3 cup coarse brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. butter alternative, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the pie shell on top. Gently flatten to form a disk.
- Arrange apple slices on the dough, leaving a two-inch border around the edge.
- Moving around the edges, fold the dough over the apples, crimping as needed.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the perimeter of the galette with milk alternative.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle over the top of the entire galette. Drizzle the melted butter alternative on top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until the crust is golden and apples are tender.
Using a mixer or hand mixer in a medium bowl, whisk together the Vevan Caramelized Peach & Maple UnCreamCheese and milk alternative until smooth and fluffy.
Serve galette warm with a dollop of whipped topping, and sugared cranberries if desired.