Dairy-Free | Vegan | Lactose-Free | Gluten-Free Option
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 8 oz tempeh, cut into 24 pieces (Cut tempeh long ways into 3 pieces and then cut each piece into 8 triangles)
- 1 1/2 cups ready-made vegan Caesar dressing, divided
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, or cooking spray
- 6 oz Vevan Mozza-Shred
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups croutons – use gluten-free for gluten-free option
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- Marinate the tempeh pieces in 1 cup of the caesar dressing. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- While the tempeh is marinating, prepare the Vevan Mozza crisps. In a medium bowl, combine Vevan Mozza-Shred, dried oregano and black pepper.
- Line the base of a microwave with parchment paper. Place 1/2 tablespoonfuls of the cheese mix on the parchment paper, 3 inches apart. Slightly flatten the mounds to form rough disks.
- Microwave on high power for 60-90 seconds until the edges are opaque. Remove with a spatula and set aside until ready to serve.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese mix. Makes approx. 40 Mozza crisps.
- To cook the tempeh, heat the oil or cooking spray in a non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Allowing the excess dressing to drip off, carefully place the tempeh in the pan and cook until browned on both sides (approx. 3-5 minutes per side).
- Assemble the salad: Add the romaine to a large bowl and drizzle with remaining 1/2 cup of dressing. Toss until the lettuce is coated. Top the salad with croutons, tempeh and Vevan Mozza crisps. Serve with additional black pepper and any leftover dressing.