Dairy-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free | Lactose-Free
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 2 small eggplants, 1/8” slices
- 5 roma tomatoes,1/8” slices
- 2 small yellow squashes, 1/8” slices
- 2 small zucchinis, 1/8” slices
- 8 Vevan P’Jack-Melts, stacked and quartered
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 25 oz jar marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped herbs, we used basil, parsley and oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat in a 9” oven safe skillet. Sauté the onion, bell peppers and garlic until soft, about 10 minutes. Add marinara sauce, stir and smooth sauce with a spatula. Remove from heat.
- Arrange veggie and Vevan slices in a pattern (ex: eggplant, yellow squash, tomato, P’Jack Slice, green zucchini…repeat) on top of the sauce in a spiral starting on the outer edge and ending in the center of the skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil with 2 Tbsp. chopped herbs. Spoon over the vegetables.
- Cover skillet with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve while hot with your favorite bread and a side salad.