Makes 12 sliders
Lactose-Free | Vegan | Gluten-Free
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 6 slices Vevan Ched-Melts, halved
- 1 lb. white sweet potatoes peeled, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¾ tsp. ground smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 15 oz. black beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup oats quick or old-fashioned, (gluten-free for gluten free option)
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
- Oil spray
- 12 slider buns (gluten-free for gluten-free options)
- Zhoug Sauce (we used Trader Joes)
- Vegan Basil Pesto
- Romaine Lettuce
- Sliced tomato
- In a medium-sized pot combine sweet potatoes, quinoa, and vegetable broth. Cover pot with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- In a small bowl combine cumin, paprika, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse oats in a high speed blender 3-4 times to make a coarse oat flour.
- Once sweet potatoes and quinoa are done cooking (all the water should be absorbed) add them to a large bowl with black beans, coarse oat flour, onion, cilantro, and seasoning mix. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the slider mixture into 12 equal portions. Form each portion into a round disc about 3/4 inch thick.
- Spray cooking oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place slider patties in a single layer. (You may have to cook these in 2 batches depending on the size of your skillet.)
- Cook patties for 4-5 minutes per side until golden.
Assemble your sliders:
- Place a half slice of the Vevan Ched-Melts on top of each patty.
- Top each slider bun with your favorite toppings and serve warm.